Its been an app waiting to get released from so long and finally it happened. Wired which is one of the world most popular tech magazine is ready with the iPad app version. Their editor in chief, Chris Anderson is pretty delighted with the whole experience and is happy that Wired magazine is finally “Wired”.
Being a tech magazine it was essential from them to be par with latest developments and when iPad digital magazines started to become a trend, Wired had to come out with one of their own. As everyone and Wired knows tha interactive magazines offer some amazing possibilities to present the content to readers.
Features of the Wired App include:
1. Every page in the issue is individually designed for optimal viewing on the iPad screen in both portrait or landscape orientation.
2. Navigations from the cover, which allows readers to touch cover lines to go directly to stories giving direct access to editorial content.
3. Content organized in vertical stacks rather than magazine-like spreads.
4. Design cues throughout to lead reader through the issue, augmenting the scroll bar with subtle indications of more content and additional features to explore.
5. Drop down Table of Contents (TOC) and Browse view (zoomed out view of stacks of content) make for easy navigation and sense of place within the issue.
6. Orientation-appropriate photography offers different images taking advantage of layout changes whether in portrait or landscape mode.
7. Animated 360° images show readers every side of Iron Man and let them explore the history of Mars landings.
8. Unique slide shows take readers through multiple views using touch for image progression.
9. Four editorial videos including an exclusive clip from Toy Story 3. All video is embedded into the app allowing for automatic load, display in HD and access without a connection.
10. Music to enhance story telling, including an exclusive listen inside Trent Reznor’s recording studio.
Watch the app in action below :
The app costs $4.99 and you can buy it from iTunes Store.
- New Magazines On iPad : Popular Mechanics And Readers Digest | iPad Blog
- Condé Nast Launches Glamour Magazine iPad App | iPad Blog