Not much of work going on in our parliament nowadays due to the whole 2G,FDI thing but that didn’t stop them insuring every member of parliament to be allotted Rs 50,000 (around $1000) to get an iPad for themselves. Why, well its going to save lot of paper and probably help them in doing their work more efficiently. So, folks get ready to see some Angry Birds flying around in parliament session apart from the usual fights and long speeches.
Some iPad news worth sharing around :
1. iPad 2 is selling like hot cakes, the current figure was around 340,000 and that’s for just the weekend. Majority of iPad 2 users seems to be the new tablet enthusiasts and not the iPad first gen owners.
2. Seeing the surge in demand, stores owners will be opening their shop early on tuesday and might continue the same trend over the week/weekend.
3. iPad 2 Smart Cover holds about 21 magnets to give you that impressive alignment.
4. At&t offering first month of that 2GB plan free for new iPad users. So, that’s something to look out for.
5. In case you didn’t notice, Apple did decrease the iPad first gen prices in India by around INR 3k.
Its been available in the grey market since launch and we kept waiting for it to get here officially. Apple took its time, as it does with iPhone’s. But lets just be happy that iPad is here officially guys, as you can see from Apple India iPad page, they are priced appropriately(means pretty near to the USD => INR conversion).
So, iPad fans in India, time visit that Apple Store near you.
So, it seems to be finally happening, iPad is landing on Indian shores on coming Friday. Its been a long wait but well better late than never. This news comes from The Telegraph, which makes me believe this will probably come true. Apple will be launching both WiFi and 3G versions in the market with all 3 models(16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB). The prices for WiFi model will vary from Rs 26,000 to Rs 37,000, for 3G version it should be around Rs 33,000 and Rs 44,000.
If you are a iPad fan like, it probably means you already have one. For us this news brings the security in the fact that, if you take your iPad to a store for any repairs, now they can turn you back saying that iPad is not supported in India. Good days
Rumours are coming in that Pan Shiyi an well known Chinese Businessman met Apple China Head Lu Lei and got info from him, that Apple will be launching the iPad officially by August in China. He posted the same message to a chinese micro blogging service, but later deleted and also posted a apology note . Ok if this rumour is anywhere near truth, than we might also see iPad being launched in India by August, which will be great as I personally have met so many people wanting to own a iPad and are waiting anxiously for its release here.